11.13.2012

Passion Fruit Cookies



I had plenty passion fruit pulp, or maracuya as we say in Argentina, in my freezer. And I wanted to use it for something never seen.
I checked for cookies with this, and nothing satisfied me. So I made the recipe.




The beauty about this cookies is that the smell and flavour of the fruit is still there, it doesn´t change. You know what are you eating as soon the first bit goes into your mouth. And then comes the crunchy from the seeds. I like them, makes the cookie  more interesting in my opinion.

Passion Fruit Cookies
Flour 200 g
Baking powder 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Butter 85 g
Sugar 150 g
Egg 1
Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
Passion fruit pulp 80 g (about 2 fruits)

Yields 40 cookies


- Prepare a baking sheet, greased and floured
- Beat softened butter and sugar together
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until just incorporated
- Mix sifted flour, with the baking powder and salt
- Add to the butter the dry ingredients alternating with the pulp, until just obtained an homogeneous dough
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Form cookies with a spoon, the size of a nut
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the base of the cookie is browned
- Cool and store in closed container







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...