Brownie with Berry Cheesecake Squares (gluten free)
According to my boyfriend, I ruined the brownie.
According to me, I would kiss this cuty (if it didn´t look a bit weird)
So you decide which side do you prefer (you should prefer mine, of course) .
I don´t know about you, but I started following David Lebovitz blog many years ago (if you don´t know him, go to his blog after reading this). Recently he made his brownie, gluten free, and I found it so brilliantly simple that I had to try.
I wanted to do with an idea I had, like the brownie chocotorta (a recipe to try at least once) but more girly . I'm not saying that men do not like this dessert, but don´t deny that something with berries sound for girls having tea.
It is very, very tasty. Every bite is almost glorious, because full glory would be this combined with a good ice cream scoop .
But when not everything is possible, I settle very well with a square of these. Well, two. And who says two says three.
Brownie with Berry Cheesecake
Brownies (gluten free)
Butter 85 gr
Chocolate 200 gr
Sugar 160 gr
Unsweetened cocoa 1 tbsp
Cornstarch 30 gr
Optional cocoa nibs, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts
- Prepare a metal mold of 20 x 20 cm (or round) with aluminium foil. Next is optional, but it works fine, copy the shape of the mold with foil, turn the pan and put the aluminum inside
- Butter it
- Melt the butter together with the chocolate
- Add sugar, salt and eggs one at a time
- Sift the cocoa with starch and incorporate into the mixture
- Beat vigorously for at least 1 minute (don not skip this step, even if your arm hurts... well you can rest and continue counting)
- If you put nuts add them now
- Pour into the mold and spread evenly. Set aside while you prepare the cheesecake filling
- Preheat oven to 180°C
Sugar 75 gr
Cornstarch 20 gr (1 1/2 tbsp)
Cream cheese 200 gr
Egg yolk 1
Assorted berries 100 gr
- Thaw the berries if frozen. If those are fresh, barely crush them with a fork. If they are very acidic, add some 1-2 Tbsp of sugar (to taste)
- Mix in a bowl the sugar and starch
- Then add cream cheese and mix, until no lumps are visible
- After add yolk and mix
- Finally and when everything is ready (brownie, oven temperature) add the berries to the cheese mixture, and mix gently, very few turns, so it is a marbled and not all pink
- Put spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture over the brownie and very gently lift bits of brownie, to marble
- Bake for 20' or until it jiggles a bit in the center
- Cool and put into refrigerator at least half an hour to remove the pan, foil and cut into squares
Perhaps now you know which side to choose ;)